As she told me she liked the Poster design, but not yet the Digipak design, I will plan on making those changes soon and get back to her to get more feedback.
In the afternoon after school, I went to do more editing to our music video as it needed some polishing on some of the clips and the lip sync clips. On the very last part of the music video, I decided to add short cuts of the actor dancing/spinning around to break up the neon lights clips that seemed a little too long and a little boring from the last cut. We also use this cut as part of our survey that we are going to distribute to public, asking for their opinion about the music video.
Later in the evening, I spent my time amending my digipak design. I was pleased to hear the feedback as there weren't any big changes needed to be made. I got rid of the 6th inside cover picture and swapped it with the long exposure shot picture. I also made some changes to the font of the quote to a clearer font and made it bigger to make it easier to read.
I also changed the font of the track list to the same font used for the brand name that is blockier and changed it to regular, not italic. I also shifted the texts around to fit all of them in one box, arranged the list a little, and here is the final design of the back outside cover.
When my teacher mentioned about the sides of the digipak (where it was only just black box) needs some more work, I was quite struggling as I don't know what to put in there. Therefore, because of that, I just simply put the brand name (as recommended) on the side, and added a little crop of a neon picture as well as the name of the album. I wasn't sure on how to present it, so I came up with 3 possible designs:
In the end, I decided to use the second design as I like it more than the others because it looks cleaner, in my opinion. Furthermore, as the teacher recommended me to change the front cover with the same picture layout used in the poster, I made that one changes as well to satisfy my teacher and made sure that I get the grade I can get from this. I really liked the simplicity of this cover, and I also think that it sells the artist brand better than the previous designs.
With that, here is my newest digipak design:







No comments:
Post a Comment