This afternoon, I spent my time working on my digipak covers and do the changes recommended from the last feedback. I tried to also design the extra two inside covers on the left and right side since the blue photos does not match the whole theme of the digipak colour scheme. I decided to use the neon lights as the main idea of the design. However, since I didn't use yellow coloured neon light, I changed the colour of the pink neon to yellow on Photoshop. This worked out so well and it has enabled me to do two designs.
Here, I came up with the idea of outlining the artist facial features using a picture of neon lights. The final design of this doesn't look too bad; therefore I decided to put it as my 6th inside cover. I did two designs, one with no yellow ambience, and one with on the right side illustrating a highlight:
The second design that I came up with was a carving of the artist name/brand name. I used a different picture of neon lights and wrap it around to carve "LALA", which I then attached to the picture of her body wrapped with neon lights.
I had it as a panoramic sort of picture, but I developed the idea and made a couple of other simple designs from that.
I was thinking about using the 2 lines picture as a background throughout the 4th, 5th and 6th inside cover. Although, after I tried it on Photoshop, it didn't turn out as I expected which made me cancel that idea. Therefore, I decided to use the frame design as my 4th inside cover. However, since I felt like it looks too empty, even though I sort of like its simplicity, I decided to put the quote I had on the previous 4th inside cover to fill in the space. I thought the cover looks better with the quote; therefore I include this in my digipak.
Moreover, I did the long exposure shoot of the artist brand using glow sticks to carve the name. I fiddle around with the setting to get the picture I wanted. The result was not bad and I quite like how it looks. However, since I use yellow glow stick that looked green-ish, I had to edit the colour and change it to yellow to match the colour scheme of the digipak. As I like how it the result of the picture, I decided to put it as my second option of the 4th inside cover.All in all, here is how the new designs look like:









No comments:
Post a Comment