Tonight I filmed the neon light scene with the actor. As this shoot was a little spontaneous, we didn't really have any solid plan in mind. With that, I decided to wrap the actor's body with the neon lights and direct her to dance and use the video light to create a spotlight effect on her.
I tried two different lighting where one I shine the light towards the actor from the front, and the other from above which created the spotlight effect.
By doing this experiment, I can see if there was any other lighting I can use to add variations to the clip. As I reviewed the clip during the experiment, I realised that the first lighting was not a good lighting as it doesn't create any atmosphere to the clip. With that, I continue filming with the spotlight set up. The set up I used is the same one as the one for the Spotlight Scene shoot.
There are a couple of problems we had during filming. As we wrapped the lights around the actor, they moved as the actor moved even when it's tightly wrapped. With that, I used a transparent tape to tape the light onto the actor's back to keep the lights in place even when she's dancing.
Moreover, throughout the filming process, it was quite difficult to keep up with shining the light on top of the actor, as well as moving around with the camera and keeping the actor on frame. I tried a couple things such as directing the actor not to move around too far and shortening the monopod so it didn't touch the ground. Despite that, the result of the recording was good, and we liked how it turned out.
I tried two different lighting where one I shine the light towards the actor from the front, and the other from above which created the spotlight effect.
There are a couple of problems we had during filming. As we wrapped the lights around the actor, they moved as the actor moved even when it's tightly wrapped. With that, I used a transparent tape to tape the light onto the actor's back to keep the lights in place even when she's dancing.
No comments:
Post a Comment