Research and Planning

Sunday, 10 December 2017

Day 15

          We all went down to Hollywood Bowl in the afternoon to film the bowling scene. I booked the VIP lane since we thought it's better and there are slightly more privacy. Unfortunately, this filming wasn't planned thoroughly, so we were sort of planning on set which takes up filming time. During filming, we got carried on with the game and did less filming. In the end, we did get some footage but there wasn't enough. We filmed our actor playing bowling, lip syncing, and also some recording of the surroundings.



          After finished with the game, we went to the small games area and record some more lip sync. We only did one lyric line in there, which is not enough. I didn't think about it as we forgot about doing more of it.



          Lastly, we filmed around the arcade area where there are loads of flashing lights which suits our theme. During filming, I was focused more on narrative than performance, so we didn't do any lip sync scene. We used the coin machine and tried other machines, but it didn't work quite well, in my opinion. Other than that, I recorded the machines with its flashing lights which would be good for filling up spaces and transitions.



          I can say that today's filming went well, even though it wasn't planned thoroughly and we missed a couple of things. We would definitely need to do another shoot in Hollywood Bowl, especially around the arcade area. After reviewing the clips, we thought that there is more footage needed, including lip sync clips. We are planning on doing another shooting in a week's time. However, it's going to be during holiday, which means that there is a possibility of the place to be quite busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment