I already done a shoot for the outside covers for the digipak, so I decided to finish those covers first and come back to it later since I need to do another shoot for the inside cover.
During the editing process for the front cover, I experimented with the tools in Photoshop and I made a lucky mistake. I used the Magic Wand Tool, erased some parts of the image of the artist's accidentally, and it turns out to be a cool edit. It creates a unique outline which doesn't make the picture look simple and sort of boring in a way because of the simple plain background. This is the front cover:
I moved on to the second cover, which is the track list cover. I thought this would be easier to do, however, after putting everything together according to the plan, the cover looks boring and I don't like how it turns out. I tried to keep the simple theme, but it didn't quite work for this cover.
With that, I gradually add more things that would make it look a little more interesting. I added yellow highlight boxes on the track names; I also add another stripe of hologram on the other side which doesn't make it look empty.
I really liked how it the outcome turns out. It just looks more interesting even if it is looks too simple.



No comments:
Post a Comment