Research and Planning

Tuesday, 28 November 2017

Day 10

          This evening, I have arranged to film the performance scene with our actor. I have all of the equipment, although, there are a couple of props that we would like to use that are still not available. Despite that, we carry on filming and the clips turn out to be a success.

          At first, after reviewing the first clips, I noticed that the UV paint didn't come out as bright as I expected.
         With that, I thought I'd move the light closer to the actor and see if the UV paint gives out more. It turns out that it works better with the light being closer to the actor, so I decided to move the light. However, because the cable was a little short, it can only reach to the camera but it still works.
         Something I noticed when I placed the light near the camera facing upwards is it gives out a washed out effect which I don't like. So I placed it near the camera but facing toward the actor. When doing a close up shot, I can also spot dots or specs of dust on the actor's face which is quite annoying.


          Throughout the filming process, it was quite hard to keep the UV light close to the camera since my setup wasn't very good. This was my setup:

          In the end, I managed to get enough footage using different shots and different angles and we were quite pleased by the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment