Research and Planning

Saturday, 18 November 2017

Day 4

          On our music video planning, the whole performance scene would have UV light and the actors are going to be painted with UV paint. We were thinking to buy a small party UV light, a UV torch or UV bulb for the lighting, however, they don't give out enough light to light up a dark room.

          With that, I came to the photography teacher, ask if there is any available UV light, and the teacher lend me this UV light which could light up a room since it is quite large and more powerful. I also borrowed the UV paint that is used in this video, from the Photography class as they have a range of props available.


                    Good For You by THBD: https://soundcloud.com/thbdsultan
                    Creative Commons - attribution 3.0 Unported - CC BY                                                                               3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
                   Music promoted by Audio Library: https://youtu.be/-K_YSjqKgvQ

       Since we are unable to use the sixth form drama studio after school without supervision from the school staff, we were thinking of using the photography studio. However, I had a chat with the photography teacher, and he said the room is not dark enough. He proved it by creating a dark environment in the class and tried turning on the UV light. Therefore, he suggested to taking it home and trying it.

           I took the UV light and practice filming with it at home. I thought this practice would be a fail, however, it turned out to be a success. The only problem was there were so many objects in the room visible in the background as I tried the UV light. For the music video, we wanted the room to be plain without any object being visible in the background. Therefore, this could lead to another location planning, although we don't have as much time to do that. We might have to still do it somewhere around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment