Research and Planning

Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Analysis of Student Videos

             Original Video

             Analysis


             Original Video

             Analysis

What I have learnt
          During this task, I have watched many varieties of students’ music videos which were very interesting and inspiring – it gave me some ideas of what we wanted to put for our own music video, especially from the narrative and performance aspect. After watching many music videos, I’d say that pop genre works best for this project, although, in one of the video I analysed, there was a video with slow song that works really well. With this, I suggest it depends on how we present the narrative and performance, as well as how we could link both aspects together. A good use of mise en scene, camera work and the editing would be crucial as it could effect on how the outcome would look like. From doing this research, I noticed that many videos that received a high mark use a consistent pace on the cuts, loads of variety on camera angles, good lighting, and appropriate costumes and props. Moreover, the aspect of narrative and performance also presented very well.
          From this, we would apply many varieties of camera angles, consistent editing pace, and use non-static camera movement for our music video as it could help set the mood to keep it interesting. However, we would have to be careful with non-static movement, as we don’t want the video to look amateur-ish. The performance should be full of emotions that would help setting the atmosphere, and narrative idea will be kept simple and straight forward where the audience could interpret easily.  Additionally, appropriate costumes and props would also be used to engage the audience interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment